Position Description Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to Biotage North American customers for our installed base of instrumentation via phone, email and some onsite. This position is an important part of our 1-point Technical Service Support team and is located in our US headquarters in Charlotte, NC. This position will provide technical phone support to external customers on all Biotage products. This position will also provide most frequently technical support to Biotage internal and field based employees - Field Service Engineers, Sales Representatives, and Product Specialists.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, diagnoses, and repairs via phone, email, and onsite as needed for Biotage instruments and related consumables.
- Real time support to front line support for Sales and field Service as needed during Sales Demonstrations or Field Service Repairs.
- Provide cost estimates and generate quotes for trouble shooting and repair services.
- Provide technical training as requested.
- Meet established turn around and productivity targets as defined for calls handled and number of calls solved via phone and e-mail support
- Collection, data entry and timely reporting of all required information associated with Repair Depot, Demo Depot, KPIs and Technical Support interactions.
- Field travel and execution of Field Service Engineer duties from time to time as assigned.
- Effectively manage assigned inventory and tools, keeping both well organized, in good working order and accurately reported.
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image.
- Ensure clear and effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Reclaim parts and other components and refurbish instruments and high value components as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Service Manager.
Scope of Responsibility
- Providing high quality, timely and customer centric support for Biotage products via phone and e-mail interaction including elevating service request to Biotage Field Service as support is required.
- Monitoring and documenting all customer interaction within the Service CRM/database.
- Ownership of assigned cases and work orders to ensure customer is supported and professional level support is provided within a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by Service management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation in a straight-forward, logical manner
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
Education and Experience
- Two or four-degree: Technical, Engineering, and other related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Military service a plus.
- Strong organization, technical, planning, communication (oral & written) and customer service skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in an assignment working with biotechnical instrumentation and analytical process instrumentation systems a strong plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with Salesforce, ServiceMax, CRM, ERP, Dynamic 360, or any other service reporting application/system a strong plus.
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 10 to 25% estimated
- Includes overnight travel
- May include some international travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please apply here: