WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Technical Specialist to provide pre-sale and post-sale science and technical support for analytical chemistry consumable and instrument products. The Technical Specialist serves as the first level of science and technical support for the analytical chemistry consumable and instrument products, directly working with both customers and sales reps when they email or call into 1-point support or other direct lines. The technical specialist is also responsible for maintaining the Analytical Blog and other support venues as they are developed and will serve as backup for the analytical applications chemists as needed. This position is based in our Charlotte, NC headquarters and reports to the Regional Market Manager, Analytical Chemistry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond accurately and in a timely manner to questions that come into the Biotage 1-point desk, cases in SFDC or customer service. Provide the appropriate technical data or recommendation based on the need. Log the request appropriately in our CRM.
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner with customers, field reps, and co-workers through phone, writing, and oral presentations, regarding applications work done by yourself as well as others.
- Assist Applications Lab by placing orders, finding chemical data, maintaining chemical inventory, performing quick product checks, regular and routine equipment maintenance and other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the development of LC/MS and GC/MS methods with a variety of sample prep techniques employed when Applications Chemists are traveling, or when extra help is needed.
- Maintain the Biotage Analytical Blog with approved postings, calendar, and sharing instructions. Develop articles for content that build end-user interest and further support the use of our products. Train coworkers on Blog etiquette and best practices for ongoing success. Monitor results from Blog and feed back to Market Manager.
- Update and maintain bibliographies in EndNote for use with customer support on our products.
- Assist and/or lead the development of new modes of support and education for the use of the Biotage products.
- Maintain an understanding of trends in the needs of the customers/market segments. Understand customers’ issues and how our products can help.
- Assist Marketing with evaluation and logistics support of new instruments under development. Follow-up development of project Betas as requested to understand the outcome of their evaluations and next steps.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Degree in Chemistry or similar, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in analytical chemistry/ chromatography.
- Prior experience in sample preparation techniques and working knowledge of sample prep automation equipment.
- Knowledge of HPLC, GC, and MS. Must be able to develop and troubleshoot a robust LC/MS or GC/MS method and discuss results in a concise, clear and logical format.
- Prior experience processing biofluid (blood, urine, and oral fluid) samples in a hospital/clinical or commercial lab is preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance work on a daily basis according to the needs of the Regional Market Manager and Sales Manager to support both short and long term Commercial goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and experience utilizing CRM platforms (such as Salesforce).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate findings effectively to both small and large groups in a professional manner.
- Must have a strong project driven work ethic and be able to occasionally work on weekends and evenings.
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates here to apply.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.