WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative to sell sell and support: instruments for flash chromatography, microwave assisted organic and peptide synthesis, and rapid solvent evaporation. The territory is the Northwest territory which includes AK, CO, ID,MT,OR,UT,WA,WY, and Western Canada and reports to the Organic Chemistry Regional Sales Manager. Travel within the territory is 3-4 days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers; overnight travel as required to support call frequency in the territory. Other domestic and international travel may be required periodically. Applicants must be able to support working out of a home office and be based in the territory.
Essential Job Duties
- Full sales responsibility for Instrument and accessories in defined territory. Products include Initiators, Isolera, Peptide Synthesis Instruments and V-10 Evaporators.
- Responsible for hands-on demonstration of instruments and related products to demonstrate business value and product differentiation.
- Responsible for the effective management and upkeep of demo resources and other selling resources.
- Responsible for ensuring customers are effectively trained and realizing maximum benefit from their Biotage products.
- Co-responsibility for growth of consumable product sales in defined territory (along with Inside Sales Representative).
- Responsible for identifying and developing new customers.
- Responsible for providing accurate sales forecasts.
- Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales.
- Responsible for lead qualification, systematic opportunity management and comprehensive documentation of activity and opportunity status via the company’s CRM platform (Salesforce.com).
- Responsible for generation of Quotes and negotiating final prices within authorized limits. Responsible for providing accurate and on time standard reports and ad hoc information requests.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and active listening, negotiation, and persuasion communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, be a self-starter, be creative and have strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated success dealing with the complex pricing issues involved. Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and CRM software (Salesforce.com).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a chemistry laboratory environment a must!
- Proven track record of success in sales and account management.
- Experience selling scientific equipment is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Field based position working at customer sites and in chemistry laboratories.
- Travel expected to be 3-4 days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
- Overnight travel as needed.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume here.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.