Sell Analytical Chemistry Products (SPE Consumables and Instruments) in the assigned territory to CRO, , Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Forensics, Academic, Government and related accounts. Responsible for growth, quarter on quarter and year on year. Managing customer relationships and assistance in development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives.
CA, NV, OR, WA, ID, HI, AK
Scope of Responsibility
The position’s primary responsibility is to sell SPE consumables and Analytical Instrumentation
Essential Role Duties
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for revenue, profitability for the territory and specific product volumes.
- Expand customer knowledge of Biotage products and uses via sales calls, seminars, and hands-on demonstrations.
- Identify and develop new customers relationships
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting of SPE/Sample Prep Methods at customers’ sites.
- Train customers on most successful ways to utilize Biotage Analytical-LS products.
- Coordinate and assist Biotage Chemists in the development of advanced or challenging SPE Sample Prep Methods at customers’ sites and in Biotage Laboratories.
- Provide feedback from customers to Sales Management, Marketing, and Biotage colleagues regarding results from use of Biotage products.
- Work with and communicate regularly with the Inside Sales group to leverage TurboVap opportunities.
- Perform hands-on demonstration of instruments and consumable products to show business value and product differentiation.
- Manage and maintain demo resources effectively.
- Ensure customers are effectively trained and have a full understanding of the benefits of their Biotage products.
- Provide on time and accurate sales forecasts.
- Timely follow up and qualification of leads in CRM platform including proper documentation.
- Accurate and up to date documentation of sales activities and opportunity status in CRM platform.
- Represent the company at national and local conferences/trade shows as needed.
- Generate quotes and negotiate pricing within authorized limits.
- Provide accurate and on time standard reports and ad hoc information requests.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Chemistry knowledge and base level experience with method development.
- Ability to manage time effectively, be a self-starter, be creative, and have strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, and CRM software (Salesforce.com).
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to drive in the USA and Canada. Must provide a clean and professional automobile for travel to customer’s sites. Must be able to fly and rent automobiles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field and/or 3+ years’ experience working in or selling into a chemistry laboratory environment.
- Proven track record of success in sales and account management is highly desired.
- Experience selling scientific equipment is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Must be able to lift Biotage instruments from floor to lab bench.
- While performing the duties of this Role, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Role include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Home based working both from home office and in the field at customer sites.
- 3-5 (average of 4) days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
- 2-3 (average of 2.5) overnights per week.
To perform this Role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply before August 10 2020 on https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/42184259