The Technical Product Manager is responsible for marketing products that solve customer business needs and focusing on maximizing business value for that product. The emphasis of this role is to understand the users need and work with all the necessary departments to bring the product to life and market. This role will develop and launch the identified products for Biotage’s Biomolecule product line.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the Product Life Cycle, including development, facilitating effective product launches and the end of life activities
- Contribute to the product roadmap process, translating market requirements into product requirements for current and future products
- Provide product support for systems, consumables and applications to internal customers
- Continuous monitoring of product performance at customers sites.
Essential Role Functions
- Understand and interpret current and future end user requirements within the area of biomolecule separation, purification and analysis.
- Direct and oversee the development and launch of new products, working closely with R&D and other functions.
- Utilize a strong technical background and understand the drivers for both consumables and instrument sales within the biomolecules drug development workflow
- Ensure and drive Biotage’s competitive Biomolecular edge in the industry
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Strong business understanding from previous product management or application scientist (or similar) experience/ position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience within the Biotechnology or the Life Science research environment
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a global work environment
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and respond to internal and external customers.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in the Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Immunology)
- 5-10 years of experience in either Industrial Biotechnology development or technical/marketing expertise within a relevant industrial area.
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this Role, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasional travel up to 20% annual including overnight stays; potential for occasional international travel.
- On average most days will be spent in the San Jose office with occasional customer visits, and offsite meetings.