This position is responsible for leading the Life Science Analytical Sales function to achieve short-term sales revenue, sales profitability, and budgetary targets as well as long-term revenue growth objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accountable for delivering on time and accurate sales forecasts
- Accountable for achievement monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Accountable for lead qualification, systematic opportunity management and comprehensive documentation of activity and opportunity status via the company’s CRM platform (Salesforce.com)
- Accountable for the generation and issue of accurate and appropriately authorized quotes and for the negotiation of final offers within authorized limits.
- Accountable for the collective performance of assigned sales team relative to assigned targets and operational requirements
- Responsible for coaching and supporting sales reps to ensure continuous revenue growth in the assigned geography
- Accountable for providing accurate and on time standard and ad hoc reports as requested
- Accountable for maintaining or improving the average discount percentage (by product) for the team
- Proactively travel 10-15 days per month in the field with direct reports
- Responsible for merit reviews and annual performance reviews for all direct reports
SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in life science, or the equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the current issues and trends within relevant markets in the life science industry.
- Strategic thinker with strong decision-making skills. Exercises good judgment in difficult situations.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented achiever with the ability to thrive in a challenging environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through.
- Prior experience building sales processes and winning teams to drive strong sales growth preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies to achieve desired results.
- Strong experience leading sales teams and implementing best practice in sales techniques.
- Experience in team building, coaching, performance management and talent development.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective organization and time-management skills; ability to set priorities for self and team.
- Ability to create an environment where employees are motivated, engaged and capable of delivering exceptional performance.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive sales experience in technical capital equipment within life science industry; at least 3 years of experience leading high-performance sales teams.
- Strong sense of urgency, focus and ability to hold teams accountable for results.
- Demonstrated record of significant growth and achievement in prior sales related positions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time, primarily within North America.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Field based position working at customer sites and in chemistry laboratories.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.