The Quality/ Manufacturing Engineer will ensure product quality, performing incoming inspection, working with vendors, and developing robust manufacturing and test processes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL ROLE FUNCTIONS
- Perform incoming mechanical inspection and work with vendors to correct non-conforming material.
- Work with the Material Review Board (MRB) to resolve nonconformance dispositions.
- Measure and improve manufacturing, supplier, and outgoing product quality levels.
- Design, and implement quality control / assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Apply sound, systematic, problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and resolving quality issues.
- Develop, refine and document Quality plans for new products, supplier processes, Test and Inspection processes.
- Perform sustaining manufacturing engineering activity providing support to production and other departments.
- Develop and maintain assembly work instructions and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Assist in the transition of products from Research and Development to Manufacturing.
- Work with R&D to provide input and guidance to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Generate detailed ECR/ECO’s to correct existing drawings, and bill of materials to ensure accurate documentation. Update documentation as needed.
- Design and develop mechanical and electromechanical fixtures to manufacture products.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines and bring assignments to successful completion.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient performing mechanical inspection using measurement tools and methods.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (in a small business < 200 employees)
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or equiv.
- Experience in electromechanical assemblies, pneumatics, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and machining of plastics & metals.
- Experienced reading, reviewing and correcting Engineering Drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- CAD proficient, SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Hands on knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, ProfitKey preferred.
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer desired/a plus
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear.
- Light industrial and office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply before August 22, 2020 on https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/42329909