Scope of Responsibility
Responsible for direct sales of instrument and/or related consumables. Responsible for providing sales and administrative support to either Organic-Peptide Chemistry or Analytical Life Sciences sales manager and account managers within assigned territory, to create a proactive account management team for all accounts in the assigned territory.
The inside sales representative role is responsible for professionally, representing and promoting Biotage products and services to a defined customer base. The products may be instrument or consumables to either Organic/Peptide or Analytical LS customers within an assigned territory. This role may partner with account managers, sales & marketing management, and field service to create a proactive account team that develops, expands or maximizes sales of the Biotage businesses and markets. This role will also complete extensive prospecting, lead generation, and lead follow up.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue in a defined geography and specific product volumes.
- Pro-actively contact current customers related to Analytical Life Sciences or Organic-Peptide products to promote, sell systems and/or increase consumable revenue.
- Fully utilizes the “SalesForce.com” account and opportunity management platform ensuring all activities (planned and executed) are captured within this system.
- Maintains up-to-date account data related to account status, user/contact, and system/consumable purchasing history for all accounts and prospective accounts in assigned territory.
- Timely follow up and qualification of leads and document results in SalesForce.
- Supports customers with demo’s (virtual or live), literature and sample requests as well as product quotations.
- When needed, assists with instrumentation demo’s, quotes and other administrative support.
- Develop and maintain clear understanding of the operation, use and competitive advantage of product within areas of responsibility. Develop a strong working knowledge on Organic and Peptide chemistry capital equipment (Selekt, Initiator+, V10, Alstra & others as required) or Analytical Life Sciences (TurbVap)Engage with Biotage peers from sales and other functions to leverage skills and knowledge, understand and exploit new and existing business, follow up on opportunities identified, and inform of opportunities (strives for a "win-win" for all).
- Set up product demonstrations and presentations either virtually or in person.
- Provide on time and accurate sales forecasts.
- May perform other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred
- 1+ years of experience and/or training in a field or inside sales position is preferred but not required
- 1+ years of experience working in an organic or medicinal chemistry lab is preferred but not required
- Capable of fully understanding organic or analytical products’ features, value proposition, and value to the customer.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate assigned products
- Excellent communication skills covering all communication vehicles (face to face, telephone, virtually and email) and strong ability to engage customers in discussions regarding their user experience, issues, and needs.
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize normal work activities and special projects to meet organizational needs
- Must be proficient with SalesForce.com, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships in order to optimize performance and interactions with customers, customer service, technical service, inside sales, field sales, and sales management.
- Ability to quickly develop expertise on instrumentation, consumables, applications and customer space.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited travel required for attendance at periodic sales meetings, trade shows, occasional customer visits and/or other special events (<10%)
Please apply before October 16 on https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/41465459