The core responsibilities of this position are to build Sub-assemblies, Accessory kits, Service kits, to support Biotage instrumentation along with building Biotage instruments to meet production schedules and customer sales orders daily.
Essential Job Duties
- Gather parts needed per pick list/shop order.
- Assemble per print or work instructions provided
- Testing or self-inspection of work performed
- Meet established build times and productivity targets as defined
- Packaging and labeling of all products built,
- Take personal ownership of all products built
- Effectively manage assigned tools and areas worked in, keeping both well organized and clean at all times
- Completion of work in an efficient and timely manner and held to high quality standards
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility
- High quality and timely execution of manufacturing work orders
- Ability to work well with others and function in a team environment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong Electro-mechanical assembly background
- Installation of wiring harnesses as part of system builds
- Ability to route wires and tubing during system builds
- Ability to work with printed Circuit Boards (handling and installation)
- Crimping pins on wires
- Ability to read assembly drawings, work instructions and work from verbal instructions
- Knowledge on how to build instruments utilizing parts and sub-assemblies
- Ability to juggle multiple activities in parallel and redirect to urgent issues
- Good verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, hex wrenches, etc.….
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, assembly drawings and work instructions. Ability to speak effectively with others within the production area.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: An individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products,
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product assembly.
- Military service/experience a strong positive
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear.
- Light industrial and office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This is a Salem, NH facility-based position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply before August 22, 2020 on https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/38190718