The core responsibilities of the position will revolve around our Atlantic Disk Production. This will involve making and packaging Atlantic Disks and ReadyDisk products, along with building Sub-assemblies, Accessory kits and Service kits to support Biotage instrumentation.
Essential Job Duties
- Assembling of ReadyDisk Products.
- Building of small sub-assemblies and service items
- Assemble per print or work instructions provided
- Testing or self-inspection of work performed
- Meet established build times and productivity targets as defined
- Packaging and labeling of all products built,
- Take personal ownership of all products built
- Effectively manage assigned tools and areas worked in, keeping both well organized and clean at all times
- Completion of work in an efficient and timely manner and held to high quality standards
- Occasionally assist warehouse staff with inventory management activities during spikes and/or short staffing issues
- Professionally represent the organization to achieve a positive image
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility
- High quality and timely execution of manufacturing work orders
- Ability to work well with others and function in a team environment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Worked within a production/assembly line environment
- Electro-mechanical assembly background
- Ability to read assembly drawings, work instructions and work from verbal instructions
- Knowledge on how to build sub-assemblies from start to finish
- Able to read and interpret graduations on a measuring beaker
- Ability to juggle multiple activities in parallel and redirect to urgent issues
- Good verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, hex wrenches, etc...
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, assembly drawings and work instructions. Ability to speak effectively with others within the production area.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: An individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products,
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of electronic instrument/product assembly.
- Military service/experience a strong positive
This role is not eligible for candidates requiring VISA sponsorship.
Health, safety and protection of our employees is priority one. With that in mind, Biotage has implemented the following actions: common touch points cleaning and disinfecting; hand sanitizer stations; wear mask; social distancing; working remotely where possible.
Please apply here: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/3819071