The primary purpose of this position is to lead and supervise Biotage North America’s Technical Support Team which provides technical support, troubleshooting, internal repair and instrument installation and field repair order coordination and management for all Biotage North American customers and field-based personnel. This position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Essential Role Duties and Accountability
- Daily priority setting, scheduling, conflict resolution and general support for Technical Support staff
- Ensure fast, efficient and effective phone and e-mail based technical support to all external and internal customers.
- Ensure complete and accurate capture of all relevant customer contact and technical information.
- Accountable for ensuring timely, high quality customer/technical support and execution and completion or field assignment of all service cases
- Ensuring timely, complete, and accurate creation, closure and invoicing of Field Service and Repair Depot work orders.
- Accountable for ensuring ERP and Service Management System are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Accountable for the consistent and predictable execution of local Repair Depot work orders (customer system repairs, Biotage demo system repairs and demo QC).
- Responsible for setting priorities for Salem based Repair Depot function to ensure optimal external and internal customer experience.
- Daily review and adjustment as needed of team and individual priorities as well as for the Salem Depot.
- Provide manpower as needed to Operations for execution of routine QC and/or refurbishment of parts and instrumentation
- Accountable for ensuring optimal workload balance across the team within the different roles and responsibilities
- Management of high quality and accurate data entry for all service related functions into established Service database: Case creation, Work Order creation, Installed Products creation, Service Agreement creation
- Review and input into global Service Database functionality and related processes
- Continuous review of performance of the technical support and Depot processes to drive efficient, consistent and high-quality execution
- Management and resolution of team and/or priority conflicts, setting priorities and ensuring the availability of adequate manpower to meet performance targets during business hours
- Accountable for effective management of cost and ensuring performance is within Budget and meets set targets.
- Initial escalation owner for customers and team member originated concerns which are received or identified within the Technical Support Department
- Documentation of all standardized processes and procedures within the Technical Support Department and Depot operations
- Provide high quality functional support to other departments (Field Service, Finance/Admin, Sales, Marketing and Supply)
- Reviewing and adjustment of central service stock (CSS) usage and setting stocking levels to drive service response time and for the execution of Depot and Field support to SLA terms while staying within established inventory value constraints.
- Responsible for producing high quality proposals/justification for adjustments and additional investment in central service stock and working with Field Service Manager (FSM) to optimize Trunk plus centralized stock to the benefit of the whole organization.
- Escalation of stock deficiencies / stock-outs and parts quality issues that will negatively impact the customer experience and overall service efficiency and execution
- Report monthly progress toward team goals and KPIs.
- Gather information and provide input related to business risks, opportunities and the effectiveness of Biotage Service products and pricing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibility
- Expense Authorization defined in the formal Travel and Expense Policy and the Purchase Authorization Policy.
- Complete ownership of the performance of the Technical Support function and performance and behaviors of the team. 3-5 individuals based in Charlotte, NC.
- Discount authority defined in the formal Discount Authorization Policy.
- Supervises approximately 3-5 persons:
- Service Coordinator
- Technical Support Specialists (2)
- Support Engineer
- Depot Repair Technician
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to successfully lead and manage a diverse technical staff
- Orientation to internal and external customer satisfaction
- High-level knowledge on applications and instrumentation
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to effectively communicate well with customers, and colleagues to effectively manage potentially high-emotion situations
- Ability to effectively communicate business opportunities, challenges and proposals for change to Director and other executives
- Ability to maintain organization and structure during periods of heavy workload and/or changing situations
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot/fix technical electro-mechanical instrumentation a strong plus
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this Role successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Database software with a Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university preferred
- 5+ years direct Field or Inside service work preferred.
- 5+ years’ Service-related Management and Service Operations experience strongly preferred.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Role include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Role, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to drive and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- The employee can endure the rigors and logistics of high frequency trips/ travel for business
- Office environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this Role, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel up to 5% annual including overnight stays; potential for occasional international and/or weekend travel.
- On average all days will be spent in the Charlotte office with occasional customer visits, offsite meetings and similar
To perform this Role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply here: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/42421394