TurboVap® LV evaporation system is an automated high speed, low volume sample concentrator. It is an efficient alternative to the inconvenient set-up, constant monitoring and long evaporation times that are characteristic of conventional techniques. With the TurboVap LV system, you simply “load and leave”. A water bath gives an even temperature and gas flow is delivered over a set time period. Turn on 1 to 5 manifolds depending on the number of samples and the timer will alert you when your samples are ready.
The microprocessor-control provides monitoring of the timed operation and water bath temperature. It also provides automatic gas shutoff and operational diagnostics.
TurboVap® LV is commonly used for evaporation of solvents following solid phase extraction clean-up of drug samples or pesticide extracts. It is ideal for sample volumes of 1 mL to 30 mL that need to be evaporated in GC vials, microcentrifuge tubes, conical bottom tubes or test tubes. It offers a high throughput solution with 50 sample positions using the standard range of Biotage racks.
TurboVap® LV can be used in conjunction with the RapidTrace®+ Automated SPE workstation that collects extracts in 12 x 75 mm, 13 x 100 mm, or 16 x 100 mm test tubes. For acidic solutions, Biotage offer PTFE coated nozzles to prevent corrosion.
For volumes greater than 30 mL, an ASE compatible version of TurboVap® LV is available for use in conjunction with Dionex ASE 200 columns.
- Patented vortex shearing technology
- Proven compliance with EPA methods
- 10x faster than centrifugal evaporators
- 3x faster than hot blocks
- 2x faster than conventional N2 blow down
- Unattended operation for up to 50 samples
- Twelve racks available for tube sizes from 1.5 mL to 30 mL
- Controlled water bath adjustable from ambient to 90 °C
- Built-in nitrogen regulator
- Unattended operation improves lab productivity
- User-friendly displays and diagnostics
- Convenient size—no hood space required
- No tube balancing required
- Easily swap racks to change between different tube sizes
- Requires no additional equipment such as vacuum pumps and vacuum traps