WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking an Inside Sales/Sales Support Representative for the NA Organic & Peptide Chemistry organization. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for direct sales of instrument related consumables, providing sales and administrative support to the Organic-Peptide Chemistry sales manager and account managers within the assigned territory, and partners with account managers and field service to create a proactive account management team for all accounts in the assigned territory. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales, Americas.
- Pro-actively contacts current flash, microwave synthesis and other Organic-Peptide system customers to promote sell and increase consumable revenue.
- Fully utilizes the company’s CRM for account and opportunity management ensuring all activities (planned and executed) are captured within the CRM
- Maintains up-to-date account data related to system status, user/contact, and consumable purchasing history for all accounts and prospective accounts in assigned territory
- Supports field sales with literature and sample requests as well as consumable product quotations. When needed, assists with instrumentation quotes and other administrative support
- May perform other duties as needed.
- Develop and maintain clear understanding of the operation, use and competitive advantage of product within areas of responsibility
- Develop strong working knowledge on Organic and Peptide chemistry capital equipment (Isolera, Initiator+, V10, Alstra & others as required)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Capable of fully understanding each consumable products’ features, value proposition, and value to the customer
- Ability to effectively demonstrate assigned products
- Excellent communication skills covering all communication vehicles (face-to-face, telephone and email) and strong ability to engage customers in discussions regarding their user experience, issues, and needs
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize normal work activities and special projects to meet organizational needs
- Must be proficient with SalesForce.com, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships in order to optimize performance and interactions with customers, customer service, technical service, inside sales, field sales, and sales management
- Ability to quickly develop expertise on instrumentation, applications and customer space
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 2+ years of experience and/or training in a field or inside sales position is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience working in an organic or medicinal chemistry lab is preferred but not require
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- Office based position working assigned hours.
- Limited travel required for attendance at periodic sales meetings, trade shows, occasional customer visits and/or other special events (<10%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates click here to apply, or go to the following URL:
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.