WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative – Service Products for sales of service related products to potential and current customers within an assigned geographic territory or defined product segmentation. The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for proactively prospecting, selling and growing service revenues within assigned area and reports to the Field Service Manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains and ensures up to date and accurate database of Biotage system users and service agreements to ensure accuracy of contact information, system status and service support status.
- Accountable for monitoring warranty and contract expiration dates of all active systems and proactively positioning products and selling to ensure increasing coverage and conversion rates. Proactively contacts current service agreement customers to pursue renewal.
- Proactively contacts customers with systems coming off warranty to pursue conversion to a service agreement.
- Proactively contacts Biotage instrumentation users with systems not under warranty or service agreement (Billable accounts) to pursue conversion to a service agreement.
- Accountable for maintaining up to date and thorough understanding of each service agreement’s features and coverage details in order to accurately select and position each agreement based on the customer’s product and unique business needs.
- Monitors and updates CRM data in order to maintain accurate content and information quality.
- Works closely with Technical Support Specialists to maximize conversion of opportunities and to ensure optimal product selection relative to customer need.
- May perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field or 2+ years’ experience in sales of scientific products or services.
- 2+ years of experience and/or training in a field or inside sales position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires excellent communication skills in written, verbal and presentation form including strong ability to engage the customer in a discussion regarding their user experience, objectives, issues, and needs.
- Must be able to prepare professional and easy to read and understand summaries or related documentation regarding the account or product (sales history, service history, etc.) in order to effectively communicate the value proposition, set expectations and position the various service products to the customer’s unique needs.
- Must be proficient with SalesForce.com, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize work activities and special projects over varying periods of time (hours to months) to meet organizational needs.
- Exceptional relationship building skills. Ability to partner effectively with customers, customer service, technical service, inside sales, field sales, and sales management to maximize performance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited Travel Required (<5%).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates click here to apply or go to the following URL:
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.