WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking an Applications Chemist to provide sales and applications development support for Horizon Analytical Chemistry Products (SPE Consumables and Instruments) into the environmental and food/agriculture markets. This position will be based in the Salem, NH office and reports to the Sales Manager of US Horizon Products. Travel of up to 25% is required directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
Essential Job Duties
- Work with key customers on collaborative projects either in-house or at the customer’s site.
- Develop and present approved training seminars to the marketing team, distributor network and end users, promoting the scientific capabilities of the company and its products.
- Write, prepare and present scientific posters and presentations at trade shows and seminars to promote the company’s products.
- Support activities associated with timely and satisfactory resolution of product/applications issues.
- Provide applications support by delivering approved applications or other technical data as required.
- Develop and maintain a range of support material relevant to product applications.
- Support all technical activities associated with new product launches.
- Perform applications/method development in the field.
- Maintain detailed records of all proprietary work performed in the lab.
- Calibrate, test and validate equipment to ensure satisfactory performance of designated functions.
- May perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Degree in Chemistry or similar, plus a minimum of 2 years practical experience in analytical chemistry/ chromatography with strong experience in sample preparation techniques, particularly SPE or Liquid-Liquid Extraction, is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- The applicant must have demonstrable customer focused experience and knowledge of current and future needs in environmental testing labs.
- The applicant ideally will have experience with automation of sample prep and the workflow of a HPLC, GC and/or GC/MS assay.
- The applicant must be able to work in a shared laboratory environment and be able to balance scheduling needs, deadlines and commercial prioritization.
- The applicant must be well organized, knowledgeable about equipment used in an environmental lab, and be results oriented. They must understand data generated from a GC/MS and have the ability to troubleshoot the method over the phone and in person.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, for both the novice and advanced scientific audience, are required. Applicants should be detail-oriented, good at documentation, and experienced in presenting at training or seminars.
- The applicant must have excellent customer skills for face-to face and support responsibilities, and establish a high-level of credibility with co-workers and customers.
- Applicant must have strong project management skills and become a significant contributor to the worldwide Sample Prep team by working well with co-workers in an office or field environment.
- Applicant must be computer literate and familiar with programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with on-line industry groups, like Linked In preferred.
- Up to 25% travel is required, primarily within North America. In addition, an occasional international trip may be required.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for significant periods of time in a laboratory or tradeshow environment.
- Must be able to work with common lab chemicals and solvents.
- Must be able to travel on plane and by car in US, Canada and abroad.
- A small, well-furnished lab with appropriate instrumentation.
- Office space is well-maintained and friendly.
- Supportive and result driven atmosphere.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates click here to apply or go to the following URL:
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.