WHO WE ARE
Biotage is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry. Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
We are seeking a Buyer to purchase items for products produced in Salem, NH. The Buyer will be responsible for negotiating quality, delivery and pricing for the inventory components that impact the costs and the gross margins of the products sold. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager, US Horizon Products, and is located in Salem, New Hampshire.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead buyer for purchased materials, ensuring requirements are met regarding quality, on-time delivery and price
- Use best practices and corporate guidelines in negotiations on new contracts
- Prepare and execute purchase orders to pre-qualified vendors
- Provide daily updates to operations team on vendor delays
- Resolve vendor delivery discrepancies
- Update and maintain Purchasing module in Profit Key software system
- Participate in ECO and MRB process
- Communicate with vendors and manage and maintain RTV log
- Work with vendor and Accounting department on any invoice discrepancies
- Track vendor performance, including on-time delivery and quality issues
- Manage vendor base, and build vendor relationships
- Perform root cause analysis when issues arise and implement action plan to prevent further occurrences
- Collaborate with engineers on opportunities for quality and cost improvement with respect to purchased items
- Two or four year degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supply chain experience in a progressive organization focused on improvements to quality, delivery and cost
- Strong negotiating skills
- Knowledge of accounting and cost systems
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings preferred
- Experience in ISO, Kanban and lean manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of all facets of supply chain and materials management
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Able to maintain professional demeanor during a stressful situation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Windows
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Must be able to lift Biotage instruments from floor to lab bench.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to walk, talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and handle. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Office based position working from a cubicle/office/desk.
- Moderate noise level and frequent interaction with office colleagues, vendors, etc.
Biotage welcomes ideas and the changes they bring; we treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume here.
Biotage is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.