- Respond to customer requests for sample prep application advice through appropriate means, i.e., phone, email, social media, face-to-face visits, etc.
- Work with customers to develop successful sample preparation applications using Biotage products through lab-work, advice, published references, industry organizations, and other forms of science-based communication. Focus will be on the clinical, forensic, pharma and CRO markets.
- Support Biotage account managers throughout EU, and provide technical back-up as necessary on both consumable and automation systems.
- Identify, submit, and develop applications in conjunction with the applications development program that are based on customer requirements.
- Identify potential new collaboration partners and liaise with existing collaboration partner labs to develop new applications/products in accounts throughout EU.
- Attend scientific meetings/customer sites as appropriate to present posters and oral presentations and develop/maintain a high level of sample prep knowledge.
- Maintain awareness of competitor products and provide feedback to the applications team by interacting with customers, attending conferences, and other scientific venues.
- A Degree in Chemistry or similar, plus a minimum of 2 years practical experience in analytical chemistry/chromatography, with significant experience in sample preparation techniques, particularly SPE or Liquid-Liquid Extraction, is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- The applicant must have demonstrable customer focused experience and knowledge of current and future needs in a clinical lab, hospital lab, or other analytical laboratory, working with urine, plasma, or whole blood.
- The applicant must have some experience with automation of sample prep and the workflow of an LC/MS and/or GC/MS assay.
- The applicant must be able to work in a shared laboratory environment in-house or at customer site, and be able to balance scheduling needs, deadlines and commercial prioritization.
- The applicant must be well organized, knowledgeable about equipment used in a clinical or forensic lab, and be results oriented. They must understand data generated from an LC/MS/MS or GC/MS and troubleshoot the method over the phone and in person.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, for both the novice and advanced scientific audience, are required. Applicants should be detail-oriented, good at documentation, and experienced in presenting at training or seminars.
- The applicant must have excellent customer skills for face-to face and support responsibilities, and establish a high-level of credibility with co-workers and customers.
- Applicant must have strong project management skills and become a significant contributor to the world-wide Sample Prep team by working well with co-workers in an office or field environment.
- Applicant must be computer literate and familiar with programs such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. Experience with on-line industry groups, like LinkedIn preferred.
- Up to 50% Travel is required, primarily within Europe, Middle East and Africa. In addition, occasional overseas trips will be required.
For more information please contact Sales Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)46-102608.
Apply at email@example.com
Biotage offers effective separation technologies from analysis to industrial levels, as well as high-quality solutions for analytical chemistry in everything from research to commercial analysis laboratories. Biotage products are used by public authorities, academic institutions, contract research organizations, contract manufacturing organizations, as well as the pharmaceutical and food industries. The company is headquartered in Uppsala and has offices in the US, UK, China, Japan, Korea and a worldwide network of distributors. Biotage has approximately 300 employees and had sales of 610 MSEK in 2015. Biotage is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stockholm stock exchange.